The Translator (occasional driver) will support the Defence Attaché in a variety of capacities, including but not limited to: translating from English into Arabic and vice versa, providing assistance with translations during meetings and visits if required, handling routine telephone, e-mail, fax messages and general office tasks. In addition the translator / administrative assistant will occasionally drive the Defence Attaché, his visitors, and delegations to meetings, receptions, diners, events or airport on a short time notice. He will be responsible for maintaining the duty vehicle and will need familiarity with Abu Dhabi, Dubai. Duties include tasks of a confidential nature. Candidates will need to meet the security requirements.
- Translating and preparing letters and correspondence from English into Arabic and Arabic into English.
- Providing assistance with translations during meetings and visits if required.
- Taking initiative for improving administrative duties, such as building-up lists with useful info/phone numbers.
- Handling routine telephone, e-mail, fax messages and general office tasks.
- Driving occasionally to meetings, airport and other events.
- Taking responsibility concerning maintenance of the service vehicle.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid UAE Driver’s License
- Be proficient when using Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Being bilingual in Arabic and English, having work experience as a translator.
- Knowledge or experience in administration and computer Skills are essential, as is experience with e-mail, faxing and phone calls.
- Driving experience in Abu Dhabi and Dubai is a plus. Having a clean track record.
- This job will appeal to a self-motivated person who can take initiative and who has great attention to detail. The individual will need to be flexible, confident, proactive and able to deliver at pace.
- It requires an organised, motivated and security-aware individual who can communicate clearly and effectively with high ranking officials.
- We’re looking for a positive personality with a problem-solving instead of a problem-seeker mentality.
- Occasionally working long hours, including weekends, public holidays and be available on call if required (be flexible).
15th of April 2017
Type of Position
Fixed Term, Full-time
Starting monthly salary
11.984,43 AED (+ end year bonus)
- Employees recruited locally by the Belgian Embassy in Abu Dhabi are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in the UAE.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the UAE with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- The Belgian Embassy will never ask to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
Applications should be directed by email only to email@example.com (before 15 Apr 2017)
To apply you have to send the following in English:
- Cover letter with personal data/information such as contact details, driving license, UAE residency/employment status
- CV/résumé including education, experience, recommendations (telephone numbers and e-mail)…
Please note that no phone call enquiries will be taken and only short-listed applicants will be notified. Late applications will not be considered. The Embassy will not acknowledge receipt of applications. Any applicants who are interviewed will be advised of the final outcome.