About Flanders Investment & Trade
Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) is the economic representation of Flanders abroad, well represented in the major trading nations.
As a trade promotion agency we bring buyers into contact with Flemish producers. At the same time we help Flemish companies with their export plans.
Our services are also focused towards providing advice and guidance to companies with an investment project in Flanders.
Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) is looking for an Assistant to the Economic & Commercial Attaché (M/F) for its office in Dubai. You will be responsible for assisting the Attaché in the execution of his/her tasks. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and eager colleague who wants to be part of a small, focused team in a high-energy environment.
• Pro-active information gathering and screening;
• Answering of questions received by Flemish or local companies;
• Prepare individual prospection trips of Flemish companies;
• Desk top research and preparation of market studies;
• Writing proposals to companies and answering questions about doing business in Flanders;
• Regular telephone contacts with potential and existing contacts;
• Organization of special projects and activities, especially in view of EXPO 2020;.
• Participation in relevant trade shows and meetings with potential partners;
• Database management;
• Respond to email and phone inquiries;
• Coordination with internal and external partners:
• Keeping of office agenda;
• Administrative tasks.
Skills and experience
• Bachelor Degree, preferably in Commerce, International Business or similar;
• Several years of experience in an international environment;
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite, CRM , and Online Media;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Fluency in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or Arabic an important feature;
• Ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and meet deadlines;
• Comfortable interacting with ability to quickly forge professional relationships.
• Candidates should send a motivation letter, CV and salary expectations to the address mentioned below;
• FIT will only contact applicants selected to go into the interview phase of the selection process;
• One or more interviews will be held and could contain a written assignment;
• All candidates invited for interview(s) will receive feedback at the end of the selection process.
What we offer
• A fixed full time contract, starting 1 April, 2020
• A competitive salary package;
• Open, informal and multinational working environment;
• 2 days of vacation per month between 6 months and 1 year service. 30 days afterwards.
IMPORTANT: FIT will not be able to sponsor a (working) visa for the UAE
Please email motivation letter, CV and salary expectations to:
Application deadline: 15th March 2020